What is the Integral Steps Fellowship Program?
fel·low·ship [noun] : A friendly relationship or community of shared interest, feeling, or experience
Yep! That sums up the Integral Steps Fellowship Program!
In its 5th year, the fellowship program is a unique opportunity to learn about integrative education with Integral Steps. It is designed to support educators and leaders who are already engaged in their own practice within their community, or hope to be engaged in this practice one day. The Community Fellowship consists of 9 Fellowship Workshops with a small cohort and 3 individual check-in meetings to help you process your experience and gain a deeper understanding of teaching, learning, and working in an integrative way.
In addition, the Fellowship Program is a beautiful route to becoming an Integral Steps teacher, as current Integral Steps’ instructors Weronika and Cora can attest. This, of course, does not need to be everyone’s journey goal, but it is a pathway into the organization while gaining training in integrative education.
Interested in learning more about the 2022-23 Fellowship Cohort? Contact our director now at email@example.com.
We're solidifying the cohort now!
Historical fellows of the IS Fellowship Program:
2018-19 - Weronika
2019-20 - Cora
2020-21 - Sarah
2021-22 - Cohort: We gathered 6 educators and leaders and grew the program into a cohort-based model. The 2021-2022 Fellows eagerly learned the philosophy and approach of integrative education, and absorbed Integral Steps’ experience creating partnerships and building community. They live in Massachusetts, Michigan, Colorado, and Washington state.
2022-23 - Maybe you!?
“The Integrative Education Fellowship was one of the most transformative educational experiences of my life. I don’t know of any other program in which I could receive such consistent support as I observed, applied, and practiced my teaching skills. While most educators are lucky to work with a mentor for observation and feedback a couple times a year, the fellowship gave me the opportunity to experience this each week for 9 months! The Workshops helped me understand how the cognitive, emotional, and physical aspects of development were subtly interwoven into each lesson and event. I discovered that this way of teaching expresses my values about how education should support the whole person. Thanks to this fellowship, I found that integrative education is my teaching home.”
- Weronika Balewski, 2018-2019 Fellow
What are the goals of the Fellowship?
The Fellowship program develops the fellows’ integrative education skills and mindsets, giving them a supportive environment in which they can grow and learn. Giving our Fellows an opportunity to trust their own strengths and deepen their skills as educators and leaders can transform our communities exponentially.
- Learn how to apply integrative education principles to teaching music, art, language, science, or movement, both in a private lesson setting and a group setting.
- Consider the role of integrative education in building community, involving people of many ages and responding to what is needed in the community.
- Learn how integrative education can serve a wide range of ages and student personalities, including parents of students and staff members.
- Understand the role of integrative education in building community and building a team within your organization.
- Discuss the applications of integrative education in your current/future teaching and leadership practice with experienced Integral Steps teachers. Receive feedback and grow throughout the year.
- Use the Fellowship Workshops to learn the philosophical and theoretical foundations of integrative education.
- Use Processing Sessions to reflect and grow in a holistic way, with a focus on connecting your teaching/leadership practice with what you learn in the Workshops.
The program is a 9 month Fellowship beginning September 2022.
Interested in learning more about the 2022-23 Fellowship Cohort? Contact our director now at firstname.lastname@example.org